Liposuction can dramatically improve the contours of your body. It can also result in uneven or lumpy results, or more serious issues such as friction burns, infection, and loss of sensitivity. The safety and effectiveness of your procedure will depend on your choice of Virginia liposuction surgeons. Knowing what to look for in a surgeon can help ensure both your comfort and satisfaction.
What to Look for in a Liposuction Surgeon
As with choosing a cosmetic surgeon for any procedure, important things to look for include:
- Board certification – Your Virginia liposuction surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Hospital privileges – Your procedure should take place in an accredited hospital or surgical center
- Experience – Your plastic surgeon should have a level of experience you feel comfortable with
- Technology – Make sure your surgeon utilizes the latest, safest liposuction technology
- Proven results – Through before and after pictures and patient testimonials, your liposuction surgeon should be able to show you the results he is capable of offering
Making sure your liposuction surgeon meets these criteria can help to keep you safe during your procedure, and ensure good-looking results long after.
If you live in Virginia and are looking for a liposuction surgeon, please contact the Virginia Center for Plastic Surgery to schedule an informative consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon today.